It’s a holiday week, so that means it’s time to break away from the rules, bend the structure, and wear that naughty underwear no one knows you’re wearing but you!
I’ve been thinking about my to do list a lot lately. With Fast Draft over I couldn’t wait to have some peace and quiet for a few days, but now I feel like I’m moving too slow. I went from hyper drive surviving off of cheese and crackers and caffeine, and now I feel like my goals are moving slowly but summer is flying by!
You know how when summer begins, and you have all these great plans about trips to the beach, lazing away in a hammock, vacations to tropical places, cookouts full of junk food, and a margarita in each hand!
Well, this morning I took Julie Glover’s quiz, What Kind of Summer Person Are You? And you know what, I was a Summer Scrooge! Me??? I’m not a summer scrooge am I?
Ok, so I’m still working 50+ hours/week, coming home and putting in a movie that came out several years ago and falling asleep on the couch. It’s hot out! Wisconsin is in the middle of an unholy heat wave! 100+°s and humid! And the mayflies and mosquitos are at their worst. Every time I’m out for more than 10 minutes I have 8 new bites on my legs and the vision of a lone mosquito pickin’ his teeth with the remaining bones of his last victim!
But I still made that summer to do list! And I want to fulfill it. Here are some of the things I wanted to do this summer, and I’ve got just under 2 months to make it happen.
- Take a road trip vacation with Joe out west to Yellowstone National Park. – This one is happening, we’ve booked our campsite!
- Make it to the beach at least 3x.
- Watch a live baseball game.
- Visit Niagara Cave in Harmony, MN
- Tour La Crosse’s Historic Points
- Complete the Library’s Adult Summer Reading Program
- Have a Party in our Backyard- And you’re all invited!!!
- Lay in the Hammock as much as possible!
- Eat lunch at the Guadalupe Shrine.
- Maybe Get Another Tattoo.
So what are the fun things on your to do list? Don’t forget to take time for the fun parts of life just as much as the serious ones!